DHL Completes $22 Million Expansion
Media Alert/Photo Opportunity
DHL and Community Celebrate with Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony
: Ribbon-cutting ceremony including guest speakers:
• Tim Zeis, COO CVG Airport Authority
• Dan Tobergte, N. Kentucky Development Corporation
• Mike Munn, Vice President of Human Resources, DHL Express
• Travis Cobb, Vice President - Americas Hubs, Network Control and Gateways
: DHL, the world's leading international express shipping provider, is commemorating the completion of its brand new $22 million expansion of its Americas hub at the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport. The expansion was built on 19 acres and included the widening of the existing parking apron to allow for nine additional wide-body aircrafts and nine new aircraft gates.
This project represents DHL's investment and commitment to both the U.S. and more specifically to the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky region, a key component of its powerful global network. Currently, DHL employs more than 2,000 staffers at its hub, which acts as a gateway for shipments to and from international locations. 78 DHL flights per day operate to and from the CVG hub, connecting shipments to points across the U.S. as well as throughout the globe with direct flights to cities in Europe, Asia, Mexico, Canada and South America. 92% of all DHL customer shipments delivered in the U.S. transit through the CVG hub.
: 1 to 1:40 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 1
• 1 p.m. Boone County Marching Band will open event
• 1:05 p.m. Band and color-guard will present colors and play National Anthem
• 1:10 p.m. Speakers and presentations
• 1:35 p.m. Ribbon-cutting
• 1:40 p.m. Ceremony ends
: 236 Wendell H Ford Blvd., Erlanger, Ky.
: Local business executives and dignitaries, Boone County Marching Band, color-guard, DHL 767s airplanes on display
: Pre-clearance Required For Entrance Into Hub (Per U.s. Customs) And All Event Attendees Must Have Government Issued I.d. Please Confirm Attendance By Friday, Oct, 28.
Directions to DHL Express Hub
Drive south on I-71 or I-75 across the Ohio River. Take Exit 185 and follow the I-275 circle freeway west to Exit 4 (State Route 212).
Follow the signs to the airport terminals, then:
• Head east on Terminal Dr - 0.8 mi
• Slight right to stay on Terminal Dr - 246 ft
• Take the ramp to Commonwealth Ave/KY-236 - 0.3 mi
• Turn right at Commonwealth Ave/KY-236 - 2.1 mi
• Turn right at S Airfield Dr - 0.3 mi
• Turn left toward Wendell Ford Blvd - 0.7 mi
• Continue straight onto Wendell Ford Blvd - 0.6 mi
All media must enter through the delivery entrance. To get there, drive past the main visitor entrance and turn left in the second driveway. Proceed to the security entrance and wait to be escorted to the designated media area.
From the West
Follow I-74 to the I-275 circle freeway. Follow I-275 south then east to Exit 4 (State Route 212.) Follow the directions above to DHL.
From the South
Take I-71 or I-75 north and go west on I-275 to Exit 4 (State Route 212). Follow the directions above to DHL.