CVG is once again the lowest-fare airport in the region, following the release of average airfare rankings for 4th quarter 2017 by the U.S. Dept. of Transportation.
Below is a summary of the results related to CVG:
- CVG average fare ranked #76 compared to #42 in 4Q 2016, an improvement of 34 positions
- CVG average fare of $324 decreased 13% compared to $375 in 4Q 2016. National average fares decreased only 2%. CVG’s percentage decrease was seven times better than national average.
- CVG passengers are paying on average $215 less per ticket than four years ago.
- CVG ranked #76 – average fare $324
- Indianapolis (IND) ranked #55 — average fare $349
- Columbus (CMH) ranked #49 — average fare $358
- Louisville (SDF) ranked #26 — average fare $391
- Dayton (DAY) ranked #25 — average fare $396
- Lexington (LEX) ranked #8 — average fare $433
CVG has launched seven new routes so far in 2018, including San Jose, San Antonio, Charleston, Sarasota, Austin, Jacksonville and Raleigh/Durham.
CVG will will launch six new routes this spring and fall, including Cozumel, Mexico and Grand Bahama Island via Vacation Express, Denver via Southwest, Austin via Delta, and Phoenix via Delta, plus international service with WOW Air beginning May 10.