July 18, 2018 — The U.S. Department of Transportation released its average airfare ranking report for first quarter 2018. The Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) is once again the lowest fare airport in the region.
Below is a summary of the results related to CVG:
CVG average fare ranked #73 compared to #35 in 1Q 2017, an improvement of 38 positions.
CVG average fare of $328 decreased 16% compared to $391 in 1Q 2017. National average fares decreased only 3.7%. CVG’s percentage decrease was four times better than national average.
CVG passengers are paying on average $215 less per ticket than four years ago.
- CVG ranked #73 – average fare $328
- Indianapolis (IND) ranked #65 — average fare $340
- Columbus (CMH) ranked #48 — average fare $362
- Louisville (SDF) ranked #32 — average fare $390
- Dayton (DAY) ranked #24 — average fare $404
- Lexington (LEX) ranked #12 — average fare $431
So far in 2018, CVG has launched 10 new routes (San Jose; San Antonio; Charleston; Sarasota; Austin x2; Jacksonville; Raleigh/Durham; Cozumel, Mexico; Grand Bahama Island) including new low-cost service to Europe with WOW air. CVG will launch two new routes the remainder of the year (Denver via Southwest and Phoenix via Delta).