September 11, 2018 ― The Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) awarded two new retail concession packages to Paradies Lagardère, which will bring 16 new shops for travelers.
The new concepts will give travelers a sense of place and celebrate what the region has to offer. Storefront renovations are scheduled to begin Oct. 1, 2018 with opening dates ranging from 2nd quarter 2019 to 4th quarter 2020.
“We’re confident that the retail program Paradies Lagardère has put together for CVG will offer travelers an enhanced customer experience unlike any other,” said Gregg Paradies, president and CEO, Paradies Lagardère. “Our proprietary concepts speak to the history, culture and exciting future for the city of Cincinnati and the region, and we’re offering several popular brands for travelers to enjoy. Paradies Lagardère has also incorporated innovation and technology into these offerings, which will not only make purchases more convenient for travelers, but provide an enhanced customer experience.”
“We’re excited that the new CVG shops will elevate the customer experience while bringing in local flair and providing another avenue to tell the story of our region’s unique offerings to travelers,” said Candace McGraw, CEO, CVG.
Paradies Lagardère designed several concepts specifically for CVG and its traveler demographics, and will also offer two proprietary brands that are popular in other airports in the U.S.:
- Over-the-Rhine-Market, named after the popular Cincinnati neighborhood, will feature one-of-a-kind store displays and fixtures that grab travelers’ attention, as well as offer basic travel necessities and grab and go food items such as fruit and protein boxes. Rendering pictured with tentative opening 2nd quarter 2019.
- Seven Hills Essentials, a fun nod to the city’s nickname, will offer foods, gifts and other items from popular local venders, sports-themed merchandise featuring the Reds, Bengals, and Buckeyes, as well as a Flowbox by KENDU, a new generation LED display that combines textile images with motion effects and dynamic animation.
- Offering a sweet respite in the airport, semiSweet will give travelers a much-needed sugar lift at CVG. Brands such as Godiva, Ghirardelli and Lindt will be offered.
- Books, Barrels, and Bridges merges the airport’s theme into its concept, design and aesthetic, with a large selection of healthy and popular snacks, more than 100 magazine titles, and 500 hard and paperback books. Travelers will also be able to take home apparel and gifts from Kentucky Bourbon Trail, Jim Beam, Four Roses and Maker’s Mark, among other world-renowned distilleries. Rendering pictured with tentative opening 3rd quarter 2020.
- Gaslight Gifts, a nod to Cincinnati’s history and its Gaslight District, will offer travel basics and a huge selection of local and regional gourmet items, gifts and souvenirs, with brands such as Montgomery Inn BBQ, Rivertown Inkery, and Kentucky Souvenir.
- Evoking the classic Art Deco aesthetic of the Cincinnati Museum Center, Queen City Exposition will be a store unlike any other in an airport in North America. With an impressive collection of local gourmet food, gift and souvenir items from popular vendors such as Honey Sweetie Acres and Cityscape Tiles, travelers will be delighted by the store’s beauty and product selection.
- Popular in airports across North America, Paradies Lagardère’s No Boundaries will offer the best names in outdoor apparel and accessories, including Columbia Sportswear Company®, Mountain Hardwear, and Aventura®.
- Sports fans will score big at The Scoreboard, with the best in officially-licensed sports apparel and accessories in an innovative store design and layout.
Paradies Lagardère’s winning proposal also includes several powerhouse brands:
- TripAdvisor® will serve busy CVG travelers with travel essentials, snacks, newspapers and magazines, and HBA items. Flowbox by KENDU, a new generation LED display that combines textile images with motion effects and dynamic animation will be offered in the space, allowing travelers to explore the region through the images on the screen.
- A newly-imagined CNBC featuring a modern and bold design that heralds the next generation of Travel Essential concepts will greet CVG travelers. The store will offer travel basics and local vendor gifts and food items.
- CVG travelers will also be able to purchase contemporary business and leisure clothing from Brooks Brothers; beautiful hand-crafted jewelry from Brighton; and men’s and women’s innovative fashion from SPANX.
- Paradies Lagardère’s TODAY store will provide travelers with seamless technology, entertainment, news and travel essentials, along with a popular brand.
The concepts will also allow customers the convenience of easy pay options such as Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Mobile POS.