Erlanger, Ky. (May 9, 2019) ― Three of the 15 retail shops that will receive renovations at the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) are now open, with the fourth opening later this month.
CVG announced in 2018 that the new retail shops will give travelers a sense of place and celebrate what the region has to offer. All three of the new shops are located in Concourse B. The shop opening later this month will be in Concourse A.
No Boundaries at Gate B10: No Boundaries is designed to meet the needs of the outdoor enthusiast, with clothing and accessories including jackets, vests, backpacks, and camping essentials. Travelers at CVG will find the outdoor apparel from brands such as Columbia, Kühl, Mountain Hardwear, Aventura, Pistil, and CamelBak. Eyewear and accessories from Ray-Ban, Maui Jim, and Oakley are also available.
TripAdvisor® at the center of Concourse B: With large-scale, dynamic moving pictures of world-wide travel and the best of Cincinnati, TripAdvisor offers electronics, apparel, books and magazines, snacks, beverages and travel essentials. Travelers can find exciting things to do and places to go in the region by using the large-scale touch screen version of the TripAdvisor travel site.
Gaslight Gifts at Gate B13: A nod to Cincinnati’s historic Gaslight District, travelers can choose from gourmet items from Grandola Granola, Gold Star Chili, Skyline Chili, Montgomery Inn, Ruth Hunt Chocolates and Anthony Thomas and Perfetti Van Melle. Gifts and souvenirs from Rivertown Inkery, Honey Sweetie Acres, Cityscape Tiles, Circle City Jewelry and Victory Postcards and Souvenirs. Kentucky Bourbon Trail merchandise and licensed apparel from the top local sports teams are also available.
Over-the-Rhine Market at Gate A4: Opening late May 2019, the market is named after the popular Cincinnati neighborhood, and will feature one-of-a-kind store displays and fixtures that grab travelers’ attention, as well as offer basic travel necessities and grab and go food items such as fruit and protein boxes. Rendering pictured right.
“We’re excited that the new CVG shops are elevating the customer experience while bringing in local flair and providing another avenue to tell the story of our region’s unique offerings to travelers,” said Candace McGraw, CEO, CVG.
The remaining shops being renovated will open the remainder of 2019 into the 4th quarter of 2020, including:
- Seven Hills Essentials, a fun nod to the city’s nickname, will offer foods, gifts and other items from popular local venders, sports-themed merchandise featuring the Reds, Bengals, and Buckeyes, as well as a Flowbox by KENDU, a new generation LED display that combines textile images with motion effects and dynamic animation.
- Offering a sweet respite in the airport, semiSweet will give travelers a much-needed sugar lift at CVG. Brands such as Godiva, Ghirardelli and Lindt will be offered.
- Bluegrass music is deeply rooted in Kentucky, and travelers will get a sense of the history when shopping at Bluegrass Bazaar. Offerings include convenience items ranging from electronics, apparel, books and magazines, snacks, beverages and travel essentials with an expanded healthy snack offering. Travelers can even take a “selfie” with the bazaar’s banjo fixture.
- Books, Barrels, and Bridges merges the airport’s theme into its concept, design and aesthetic, with a large selection of healthy and popular snacks, more than 100 magazine titles, and 500 hard and paperback books. Travelers will also be able to take home apparel and gifts from Kentucky Bourbon Trail, Jim Beam, Four Roses and Maker’s Mark, among other world-renowned distilleries.
- Queen City Exposition will be a store unlike any other in an airport in North America. With an impressive collection of local gourmet food, gift and souvenir items from popular vendors such as Honey Sweetie Acres and Cityscape Tiles, travelers will be delighted by the store’s beauty and product selection.
- Sports fans will score big at The Scoreboard, with the best in officially-licensed sports apparel and accessories in an innovative store design and layout.
- A newly-imagined CNBC featuring a modern and bold design that heralds the next generation of Travel Essential concepts will greet CVG travelers. The store will offer travel basics and local vendor gifts and food items.
- CVG travelers will also be able to purchase contemporary business and leisure clothing from Brooks Brothers; beautiful hand-crafted jewelry from Brighton; and men’s and women’s innovative fashion from SPANX.
- Paradies Lagardère’s TODAY store will provide travelers with seamless technology, entertainment, news and travel essentials, along with a popular brand.