Erlanger, Ky. (July 17, 2019) – The U.S. Department of Transportation released its average airfare ranking report for first quarter 2019, and the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) once again has the lowest airfares in the region. Among the top 100 U.S. domestic airports, CVG ranked #63. The CVG average fare of $347 made CVG the only airport in the region to have lower airfare than the national average of $353.
Below is a summary of the CVG report:
- CVG average fare ($347) ranked #63 in Q1 2019
- CVG ranked #63 – average fare $347
- Columbus (CMH) ranked #54 – average fare $358
- Indianapolis (IND) ranked #45 – average fare $365
- Louisville (SDF) ranked #36 – average fare $381
- Lexington (LEX) ranked #11 – average fare $419
- Dayton (DAY) ranked #6 – average fare $428
CVG is serving more local passengers than ever before in its 72-year history. The airport set several local passenger records in the first six months of 2019, establishing a new all-time record for local passengers in June (426,246).