Erlanger, KY (April 28, 2020) ― For one night only, more than a dozen airports across North America will come together for the JetStream Music Festival, an online celebration of local music. Hosted by Austin-Bergstrom International Airport from the “Live Music Capital of the World” in Austin, Texas, the free, multi-hour livestream will take place beginning at 6:00 p.m. EST on May 6.
The Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) will participate through its partnership with ArtsWave, the engine behind Greater Cincinnati’s arts. Local musicians will represent each participating airport’s community.
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) – host
- Albuquerque International Airport (ABQ)
- Asheville Regional Airport (AVL)
- Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG)
- Dallas Love Field Airport (DAL)
- Evansville Regional Airport (EVV)
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
- Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT)
- Jacksonville International Airport (JAX)
- John Glenn Columbus International Airport (CMH)
- John Wayne Airport (SNA)
- Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE)
- Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY)
- Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport (MKE)
- Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (MSP)
- Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
- Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT)
- Portland International Airport (PDX)
- San Diego International Airport (SAN)
- Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
- Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ)
- Yeager Airport (CRW)
“For so many airports across North America, live music entertainment in the terminal has become a fun way to delight and engage passengers,” said ACI-NA President and CEO Kevin M. Burke. “Despite the sudden and significant drop in passenger traffic at North America’s airports because of the coronavirus health pandemic, this effort by Austin-Bergstrom International Airport and many other North American airports provides a unique opportunity to connect with their passengers. We look forward to hearing these musicians again in airport terminals soon.”
The lineup features a diverse range of acts, representing each city’s unique music culture. The full lineup for the Festival will be released later this week. Austin’s Latin pop songstress, Gina Chavez, will perform and host the event.
“CVG is proud to support local arts,” said Candace McGraw, CEO of CVG. “Through our partnership with ArtsWave, we regularly bring local musicians to the airport to showcase our region’s talent. At a time when few are traveling, the airport will once again connect our region to the world through this unique, virtual music festival.”
Festival viewers will be able to tip musicians throughout the performance and learn about organizations assisting the communities in each city. Viewers can also join in the celebration using the hashtag #JetStreamFest.
For more information—including how to tune in—visit CVG’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/CVGairport.
The livestream will be produced by Streak Systems, a tech concierge focused on creating and maintaining technology systems at home, work and live events.