Service level grows by more than one third at CVG; daily service to Phoenix starts 8/17
Erlanger, Ky. (August 3, 2021) – The Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) is proud to partner with American Airlines as the airline grows its service level at CVG by more than one third compared to pre-pandemic levels. By early November, American will have added two new nonstop destinations, expanded service to one destination and upgraded service to several other destinations providing greater traveler convenience and comfort.
“American has proudly served the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport since 1947, and we look forward to serving the community for many more years to come,” said Brian Znotins, American Airlines Vice President of Network Planning. “Whether we’re reconnecting customers with family and friends or helping bring more business to the Greater Cincinnati area, American is eager to be the airline of choice.”
Summary of recent activity:
- August 17th: Expanded daily year-round service to Phoenix will begin with connections to its network in the southwest and west coast.
- September 8th: New daily nonstop service to Austin will begin. (Flight starts once daily in September and grows to twice daily in October)
- November 2nd: New three times daily nonstop service to Boston will begin.
- Upgraded service to Miami and New York (LGA) using Embraer E75 aircraft with 12 First Class and 64 Economy seating compared to single cabin 50-seat jet service.
- Introduction of Boeing and Airbus mainline aircraft on selected flights to Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW), Charlotte (CLT) and Phoenix (PHX). This includes enhanced seating capacity and customer comfort and convenience.
“The growth of American Airlines at CVG further demonstrates their commitment to both corporate and leisure travelers in the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky region,” said Candace McGraw, chief executive officer, CVG. “The expanded service options and larger aircraft being added to American’s CVG network will create new competitive options that benefit local travelers and we look forward to more growth in the future.”
American’s purpose is to care for people on life’s journey. Shares of American Airlines Group Inc. trade on Nasdaq under the ticker symbol AAL and the company’s stock is included in the S&P 500. Learn more about what’s happening at American by visiting news.aa.com [news.aa.com] and connect with American on Twitter @AmericanAir [twitter.com] and at Facebook.com/AmericanAirlines [facebook.com].
About CVG Airport
CVG Airport has been serving passengers since 1947. The airport welcomed more than 9.1 million passengers in 2019, serving a record number of local passengers. Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, CVG still offers the most nonstop destinations and the lowest average airfares in the region. As the 7th largest cargo airport in North America and home to the Amazon Air Hub and DHL Express Global Superhub, CVG is diversified in both passenger and cargo operations. Learn more about CVG and its response to COVID-19 at CVGairport.com/FlyHealthy.