The security checkpoint is open daily from 3:30 a.m. to 8:50 p.m. We recommend allowing up to 30 minutes for screening.
Proper Identification/ Real ID
Congress has enacted new security rules for state-issued driver’s licenses and other forms of IDs, as part of the the REAL ID Act. Updated in March 2020 and according to TSA, beginning October 1, 2021, every air traveler 18 years of age and older will need a REAL ID-compliant driver’s license or another acceptable form of ID to fly within the United States. Information regarding the roll out of this Real ID for each state can be found here.
Information for area states near CVG:
Packing properly can make the screening process easier and smooth your travel through the airport. Learn what you can pack in your carry-on and checked baggage.
Accessibility via Security
- Passengers and their traveling companions with a wheelchair, stroller, or service animal may use the entrance labeled as such. One of the staff on hand will open the lane to ensure the most direct access to security.
- TSA Cares is a helpline that provides travelers with disabilities, medical conditions and other special circumstances additional assistance during the security screening process. Call TSA Cares at 1-855-787-2227 hours prior to traveling with questions about screening policies, procedures and what to expect at the security checkpoint.
- To help expedite your passage through security, and for information on what items are allowed on the aircraft, visit the TSA online or call 1-855-787-2227. It is best to call approximately 72 hours ahead of travel.
Enroll in TSA Pre-Check for a better, faster, easier travel experience. Qualifying passengers who are considered low-risk can receive expedited screening either as a member of the program or as a member of another trusted-traveler group. Learn More >>
- What is CLEAR?
- CLEAR uses biometrics to create a connected world that is smarter and more secure. From airports to arenas, the platform powers secure, frictionless customer experiences at 50+ airports, arenas, stadiums and Hertz rental car locations nationwide.
- How does CLEAR work?
- After a fast, one-time enrollment, CLEAR connects your identity to your biometrics (fingerprint, iris, face), speeding you through airport and stadium security with just the touch of a finger or the blink of an eye.
- Where is CLEAR available at CVG?
- CLEAR has two lanes in the Main Terminal at CVG - one for travelers with TSA PreCheck and one for those who don’t.
- Learn more at clearme.com.
Get more information from the Transportation Security Administration or call 866-289-9673.