Fly Healthy through CVG Airport
CVG Airport takes health concerns seriously and is working closely with health professionals and airline partners to ensure the safety and well-being of our passengers and employees. Due to concerns with COVID-19, we continue to stay in close contact with public health officials to follow recommendations and best practices.
CVG Airport Cleaning Protocols
CVG maintains a robust and thorough cleaning protocol for all our facilities. Here are just a few of the ways our team continues to keep public spaces clean.
- Oxivir wipes used to wipe down hard surfaces and high-touch areas throughout the airport – doorknobs, restroom stall hardware, sinks, urinals, toilets, dispensers, diaper changing stations, gate seating, etc.
- Regular sanitation of the trains in the transportation tunnel
- Regular sanitation of the elevators, moving sidewalks, and escalators
- Increased frequency and intensity of efforts to disinfect restrooms, food court, and other public areas with appropriate cleaning agents that kill germs
- Hand sanitizing stations located at the security screening checkpoint and food court in Concourse B
What can you do?
The CDC has specific screening at 13 designated airports for passengers flying from designated international locations. More info here. When warranted, CVG is following the protocols issued by public health authorities for proper passenger screening.
CVG, in partnership with local, state and federal officials, has infectious disease response plans in place that are regularly reviewed, practiced and updated throughout the year.
There are no domestic travel restrictions in effect at this time. Ohio and Indiana’s stay-at-home orders, as well as Kentucky Governor Beshear’s Executive Order of March 30, 2020, which discourages out-of-state travel, make various exceptions allowing for essential travel (for instance, if your employer requires you to travel for work). Consult your state’s travel guidance, and/or confirm with your employer if you need to travel. Passengers should refer to guidance from the CDC and other public health authorities regarding travel to areas with significant community transmission of COVID-19 and any self-isolation that might be required after you return home. You should also check with your airline about flight status before coming to CVG. See Resources section below for additional state specific information and other sources.
Food and Beverage To Go
- Bruegger’s Bagels (B), 5 am - 1 pm
- McDonald’s (B)
- Starbucks (A), 6 am - 8 pm
- Subway (A), 6 am - 8 pm
News & Gift Stores
- Over the Rhine News & grab and go food (A)
- Queen City Exposition Kiosks (Terminal)
- Trip Advisor (B)
- Fifth Third Bank (B), 10 am - 4 pm
Airport Service Updates
- USO Lounges at CVG Airport are temporarily closed as of Friday, March 13, 2020, at 8:00 p.m.
- CVG Career Center at CVG Airport is temporarily closed. Kentucky Career Center has closed all physical locations and offering virtual services. More information here, effective March 18, 2020.
- CVG will be temporarily closing some restrooms and gates to ensure our high standard of cleanliness is maintained, beginning March 16, 2020.
- Per Governor Beshear’s order, restaurants and bars at CVG Airport have closed seating areas, but concessions are still offering takeaway/carry-out options for our passengers, effective March 16, 2020.
- The Airplane Viewing Area (AVA) off of Donaldson Rd. is temporarily closed, effective March 24, 2020.
- Parking Update: CVG has consolidated all parking products to the CVG Terminal Garage. The CVG ValuPark, CVG Economy Lot, and CVG Parking Valet products have been temporarily closed in an effort to minimize shuttling, ensure social distancing, and continue offering convenient, safe, and healthy parking for all passengers and employees. Pricing has been reduced at the CVG Terminal Garage to a $10 daily rate for passengers, effective March 25, 2020.
- Delta Sky Club is temporarily closed, effective March 26, 2020.
Check in with your airline about flight status and health-related updates
- Air Canada
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
Airline Contact Information
Click Here to view the CVG Airport statement on Coronavirus, April 2, 2020.
Updated: March 31, 2020