Northern Kentucky Health Department
Commonwealth of Kentucky COVID-19 Info
State of Ohio COVID-19 Info
Travel Guidance (updated 10/15/2020 / the data is constantly updated, along with positivity rates for affected states)
State of Indiana COVID-19 Info
- State-Level Travel Advisories (updated 11/17/2020)
- Some states are recommending a 14-day self-quarantine for travel from certain states with higher daily positive testing rates for COVID-19. Some states, like Connecticut, New Jersey, and New York, have established a 10% positive testing rate threshold, under which Ohio and Kentucky currently fall. In some jurisdictions, you may be asked to complete a health check and fill out a form identifying where you came from and where you are going. Travelers should be aware of the rules and advisories that are applicable to their destinations.
- New York - effective 11/4/2020, New York has new guidelines allowing out-of-state travelers to "test out" of mandatory 14-day quarantine. Details here.
- Washington D.C. - effective 11/6/2020, the District of Columbia modified requirements regarding self-quarantines, testing & travel. Details here.
- California, Oregon and Washington jointly issued travel advisories recommending quarantine for out-of-state visitors, published on 11/13/2020. Details here.
When returning home, Kentucky and Ohio have recommended a 14-day self-quarantine for residents returning from certain states with a 15% or higher positive testing rate (data from Johns Hopkins University of Medicine Coronavirus Resource Center). Kentucky also recommends extra precaution traveling to states reporting a positive testing rate of 10% or higher, such as Florida. The applicable states may change frequently, and travelers should use above state travel guidance links to check on the latest advisories from Kentucky and Ohio.
- US State Department - Travel Advisories
- IATA (International Air Transport Association) - COVID -19 Travel Regulations Global Map
US Department of Transportation/FAA resources regarding air travel
Airport Check & Fly App
CVG recommends downloading the phone app - Airport Check & Fly - where information can be found for individual airports. This app is free and coordinated via ACI, Airports Council International.
General Information on the safety and healthy approaches taken by the air travel industry