The following accessible services are available to assist travelers.
Also get Step-by-Step Directions to and from your gate.
Wheelchair assistance is provided by third-party attendants contracted by individual airlines. Contact your airline to schedule assistance at no extra charge in advance of your travel. Airline contact information here.
Upon arrival to the airport on day of travel, the airline representative will call the attendant once you have identified yourself at the ticket counter. If you need assistance from the curb, the person traveling with you or dropping you off can obtain a wheelchair from inside the Terminal lobby to assist to the respective ticket counter.
If the person requiring assistance is driving themselves, they may park in one of the accessible parking spaces in the Terminal garage. However, they may also use the ValuPark service, as the driver is able to assist with bags from the car to the shuttle bus, and then again from the bus to the ticketing curb front.
- The Terminal has three levels — upper level for ticketing and departing passengers, ground level for baggage claim and arriving passengers and lower level with a meeting point for greeting arriving passengers. Map of the Terminal here.
- All entrances have accessible ramps from curb to the Terminal, and all facilities have elevators.
- Passengers can be met curbside, at baggage claim, or at the Meeting Point on the lower level.
- Only ticketed passengers with boarding passes are allowed beyond the security checkpoint. If a passenger with a disability requires assistance to/from the gate or medical equipment such as oxygen at the gate, a pass provided by the airline must be shown at the security checkpoint.
The distance from the departure level sidewalk to the ticket counter is approximately 175 feet. Accessible ramps are available to the terminal. View terminal layouts including the location of restrooms and animal relief areas, or get Step-by-Step Directions to and from your gate.
Elevators are available in the garage, Terminal and both Concourses. All elevators are equipped with emergency call buttons, Braille signage and raised numbers.
Carts are located in the garage and at the Terminal on both the ticketing and baggage claim levels for a nominal fee (cash and credit card accepted).
Restrooms accessible to individuals with disabilities are located in the Terminal and both Concourses. Family assist restrooms are located near Gates A-11, B-11, and B-13 (after security). There is an adult changing table in the family assist restroom at B-13.
- TSA Cares is a helpline that provides travelers with disabilities, medical conditions and other special circumstances additional assistance during the security screening process. Call TSA Cares at 1-855-787-2227 hours prior to traveling with questions about screening policies, procedures and what to expect at the security checkpoint.
- To help expedite your passage through security, and for information on what items are allowed on the aircraft, visit the TSA online or call 1-855-787-2227. It is best to call approximately 72 hours ahead of travel.
Service Animals and Emotional Support Animals
Service animals are allowed throughout the airport in accordance with and as defined by Title II and Title III of the ADA. Emotional support animals, comfort animals, and therapy dogs are not defined as service animals under Title II and Title III of the ADA. Other species of animals, whether wild or domestic, trained or untrained, are also not defined as service animals. A doctor's letter does not lawfully make an emotional support animal a trained, service animal. Airlines have recently restructured their policies for transport of emotional support animals. Please refer to your airline's policy prior to arriving at the airport.
Service Animal Relief Area (SARA)
The indoor relief area is centrally located in Concourse A, near gate A18 and Concourse B, near gate B13. The outdoor relief area is located on the Baggage Claim level near the Ground Transportation Center East. Customers using the outdoor location will be required to return through the Security Checkpoint before departing on a flight.
The Airport has monitors throughout the terminals that visually convey information broadcast over the public address system. Callers wishing to page someone in the airport can call 859-767-3123.
In case of emergency, audio visual fire alarms and automated external defibrillators are available throughout the airport.
Information booths are located in the Terminal and in both concourses. All locations have access to language interpreters, including American Sign Language.
All parking facilities offer handicapped spaces. The Terminal Garage offers accessible routes equipped with curb ramps. The CVG ValuPark Lot operates a free shuttle bus that is wheelchair accessible. For more information, call 859-767-3106 or email us.
Airport Assistance Service
CVG has partnered with SkySquad, a paid airport assistance program. More information can be found here.
If you need assistance or would like to request an accommodation not listed here, please notify the Title VI/ADA Coordinator at the email or phone number below. The Coordinator will work with the respective tenants, contractors and/or concessionaires to meet a reasonable accommodation or modification.
Discrimination complaints can be directed to the Title VI/ADA Coordinator listed below. Read our Non-Discrimination Policy.
Title VI/ADA Coordinator
- Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport
- P.O. Box 752000
- Cincinnati, OH45275-2000
- (859) 767-7470 office
- (859) 444-8522 cell
- (859) 767-7888 fax