Pursuant to KRS 61.870 to 61.884, the public records of the Kenton County Airport Board (KCAB) are open for inspection by any person upon submission of a written letter/completed form to the Official Custodian of the public records of KCAB.
All applicants must complete a copy of the Open Records Request Form or provide an alternate request which includes all statutorily required information.
Open Records Request Forms shall be submitted to the Official Custodian, 77 Comair Blvd, Erlanger, KY 41018 or emailed to OpenRecords@CVGAirport.com.
All open records requests that seek personal health information (PHI) must be accompanied by the appropriate HIPAA access form (Form 001 or Form 002) as found on the Notices page at www.cvgairport.com/about/notice.
Pursuant to HB 312 (2021) and codified in part in KRS 61.870, only residents of the Commonwealth may request to inspect public records. The definition of resident includes individuals and businesses living operating and working within the Commonwealth, as well as, news-gathering organizations.
The Kenton County Airport Board will reply to each request no more than five (5) days (excepting Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays) following the date the Official Custodian receives the request in accordance with 204.02(A). KCAB’s reply will include, but is not limited to, the following information:
- Whether the KCAB has identified public records responsive to the request;
- Whether the KCAB will not permit the inspection of the records or portions of the records responsive to the request and, in that event, the reason why inspection is not permitted; Certain items may be excluded in whole or part if they contain exempted information as prescribed under KRS 61.878.
- The conditions for the inspection of the records responsive to the request. Conditions may include applicable fees for copying and postage; and
- Whether more time is necessary to identify records responsive to the request.
Records will be made available consistent with open records statutory requirements. For records requested to be inspected, a time shall be coordinated with the requester with the notification of the approval of the request. Any and all inspections of the public records of the KCAB may be made by either of the two following methods:
- A Person may inspect the public records during the regular office hours of the Board from 9:00 a.m.to 5:00 p.m. ET Monday through Friday (excluding legal holidays) and shall take place in the facilities provided by KCAB; or
- By receiving copies of the public records from KCAB.
More information about the request to inspect public records at KCAB can be found in the Rules and Regulations on the Notices page at www.cvgairport.com/about/notice.
77 Comair Blvd
Erlanger, KY 41018